In order to maintain the integrity of the Judy Blue brand, as of 6/20/19, we have established minimum retail prices for our products to protect and support all resellers, as well as consumers of Judy Blue. Judy Blue has spent an extensive amount of time building a brand of strong recognition and a high perceived value. By not adhering to the established Minimum Advertised Price (MAP) a Retailer can have a dramatic effect of diminishing or detracting from the perceived value of the Judy Blue brand and its products. Our MAP pricing policy is intended for consumers to purchase from Retailers based on loyalty and customer care expectations. Therefore, if Judy Blue agrees to allow your company to sell its products on a retail basis, you will need to agree and abide by the following requirements and restrictions. Please note this is in the best interest of the Retailer. Refer to the following information below for MAP breakdowns for each style category:
STANDARD MAP POLICY **Effective starting 12/1/2021, the minimum prices shown below will increase by $5 (including holiday pricing). Exclusions: styles with indefinitely reduced MAP prices.
- MAP does not establish maximum advertised prices. All Retailers may offer Judy Blue products at any price in excess of the MAP.
- Judy Blue’s MAP policy does not in any way limit the ability of any Retailer to advertise that “they have the lowest prices” or, they “will meet or beat any competitors price”, that consumers should “call for a price” or phrases of similar import as long as the price advertised or listed for the products is not less than MAP.
- MAP pricing is established by Judy Blue and may be adjusted by Judy Blue at its sole discretion, without prior notice.
- Intentional or repeated failure to abide by this policy will result in penalties including, without limitation, termination of Retailers’ access and right to resell Judy Blue products. Judy Blue does not intend to do business with Retailers who devalue or degrade the image of Judy Blue and its products. It is Judy Blue’s sole discretion whether or not to provide prior notice or issue warnings before taking any action under this policy.
- E-Bay, Amazon, Etsy and Other Auction Web Sites Policy: • “Buy it Now” and/or Buy Box options must be listed at a price equal to MAP or greater. • For auctions the reserve and/or opening bids must start at MAP without a “Buy it Now” option. • Best Offer Auctions Are Not Allowed
- Judy Blue may run a sale from time to time and in such case the MAP will remain the same, unless specified otherwise. If/when special or sale is offered, Judy Blue will send out a notice in advance with details on adjusted MAP pricing for the duration of the sale.
- The MAP policy applies to all advertisements of Judy Blue products in any and all media, including, but not limited to, social media, flyers, posters, in-store advertising, coupons, mailers, inserts, newspapers, magazines, catalogs, mail order catalogs, email newsletters, email solicitations, Internet or similar electronic media, television, radio, and public signage.
- The inclusion in advertising of free or discounted products (whether made by Judy Blue or another manufacturer) with a product covered by the MAP policy would be contrary to the policy if it has the effect of discounting the advertised price of the covered product below the MAP.
- Any strike-through or other alteration of the Minimum Advertised Price is strictly prohibited.
- This MAP Policy shall apply to all Retailers regardless of whether the Retailer purchased the Judy Blue products directly from Judy Blue or from a wholesale distributor.
- This MAP Policy applies solely to Retailers engaged in retail sales. Retailers who desire to be wholesale distributors (bulk sales to Retailers) may contact Judy Blue to inquire as to applicable requirements and apply for approval to become wholesale distributors.
- Retailers agrees to hold all trademarks of Judy Blue as the property of Judy Blue and use advertising materials provided by Judy Blue in an authorized manner only.